- Why are we having an Election Readiness and Policy Convention?
- When and where is the 2017 Ontario PC Party Election Readiness and Policy Convention?
- Who can attend the Ontario PC Party 2017 Election Readiness and Policy Convention?
- How do I vote for policy resolutions?
- What are the Convention registration fees?
- What is included in the Convention registration fee?
- Will I receive a tax receipt for my Convention ticket?
- Do I have to register in advance for the Convention?
- What is the refund policy for Convention tickets?
- What is the Charity Breakfast?
In accordance with Article 18 of the Party Constitution, the Convention is being held to adopt policy resolutions which “shall constitute the foundation on which Party policy and legislation is developed until the next Policy Convention”. This Convention is also being held to equip riding volunteers and candidates with tools to succeed in the 2018 Provincial Election. It’s not all business; it’s time to have some fun, listen to engaging speakers, take part in training sessions and meet new and old friends. It’s a great opportunity for networking!
The Convention will be on Saturday, November 25th, 2017 at the Toronto Congress Centre, 650 Dixon Road. Early registration will take place on Friday, November 24th at the Delta Hotel, 655 Dixon Road.
Any Ontario PC Party member in good standing can attend this Convention. This is not a delegated Convention. Tickets are available for sale until Thursday, November 16th at 11:59pm.
If you are an Ontario PC Party member in good standing as of September 14th, 2017 11:59pm, you will receive information by mail and email before the convention on how to vote on policy resolutions. Please follow the instructions you receive. All Party members across Ontario, whether they choose to attend the Convention or not, will have the opportunity to vote for the policy resolutions prior to the Convention.
The Convention fee is $199 for adults and $99 for youth (29 years old and under).
The Convention fee includes:
- Access to all Convention activities
- Lunch on Saturday
- Networking opportunities with fellow PC members
- Informative training sessions
Youth ticket includes access to the Ontario PC Youth Association (OPCYA) Christmas Party on the evening of November 25th.
Please note—this is a cost-recovery event. Tax receipts will not be issued for Convention tickets.
Party members must purchase tickets by Thursday, November 16th at 11:59pm to attend the Convention. Tickets will not be available for sale at the Convention.
Requests for refunds must be received by Thursday, November 16th, 2017 by 5:00pm and will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Requests for refunds received after this date will not be granted.
At each Ontario PC Convention, our Party hosts a breakfast to raise money for select charities. This year proceeds will go to Seva Food Bank, Ontario Autism Coalition, and Canadian Mental Health Association. The Charity Breakfast is being hosted 8am to 9am Saturday, November 25th at the Delta Hotel before convention programming begins at the Toronto Congress Centre. Please note a complimentary breakfast is not included in the Convention registration fees.